- The poem is about Clare's joy at the arrival of summer. It describes some beautiful summer sights by a lake.
- Rhyming couplets - neat, sound happy and blissful, this is why he uses them instead of the conventional way.
- Sonnet structure - shows his love for summer as sonnet's are usually love poems.
- no punctuation is used - makes summer long, never ending and overwhelming.
- Rhythm is in iambic pentameter - sounds like a heartbeat and reflects his love for summer - could also reflect the mass of…
Similar English Literature resources: