Respiration and Energy
Word Equation for Respiration
Glucose + Oxygen → Carbon Dioxide + Water (+ energy)
C6H12O6 + 6O2 → 6CO2 + 6H2O (+ energy)
Diffusion: Movement of particles from a high concentration to a low concentration till particles meet an equilibrium.
How is anaerobic respiration different to aerobic respiration?
- Oxygen is needed in this respiration
- It completely breaks down glucose
- Its by product is carbon dioxide and water
- Relatively large amount of energy is released
- Oxygen is not needed in this respiration
- It does not break down all glucose
- Its by product is lactic acid
- Very small amount of energy is released
What is EPOC Exercise Post Oxygen Consumption?
Another term 'oxygen debt' when glucose is not completely broken down to form carbon dioxide and water, Also…