- Created by: Emmajayne798
- Created on: 07-05-16 15:29
A variable is the subject matter for which we want data e.g. volume, abundance etc
Types of data:
- Nominal- classes that can't be ranked e.g country name, eye colour, presence/absence etc.
- Ordinal-hierarchies e.g. small-large, excellent-poor, abundant-rare-extinct.
- Interval- measurements scale divided into equal units e.g. degrees celsius- 0=asigned
- Ratio- has a true zero point e.g. mm, cm etc
To analyse data- we can use tables, graphs or descriptive statistics:
Similar Environmental Science/Studies resources: