Energy transfer by heating
- infared radiation is energy transfer by electromagnetic waves.
- All objects emit infared radiation but the hotter the object, the faster it emits infared radiation in a given time.
- Dark matt surfaces emit and absorb infared radiation better than light shiny surfaces.
- Light shiny surfaces reflect more radiation than dark matt surfaces.
- Flow, shape, volume and density are the properties used to describe each state of matter
- the particles in a solid are held next to each other, vibrating in their fixed positions.
- the particles in a liquid move about at random and are in contact with each other
- the particles in a gas move more randomly and are farther apart than particles in a solid or liquid.
- Metals are the best conductors because they have free electrons.
- Materials such as wool and fibreglass are good insulators.
- conduction in…