Slides in this set
· Morse code can be used to communicate over long distances.
· A light is flashed in short or long bursts to communicate a letter, and form a word.
· Dashes are longer bursts of light, and dots are shorter bursts of light.
· Morse code is a digital signal; it only has an on or off mode.…read more
· Optical fibres carry data over long distances
· They do this in the form of light pulses, or infrared radiation
· The waves bounce off the sides of a narrow core to reflect again and again
· It then reaches the other end and the data has arrived.
· Used in telephone cables and broadband internet cables…read more