- Created by: GreenGooSnake
- Created on: 16-07-19 22:26
Looking at two texts side by side helps you spot the different (or similar) styles and techniques the writers have used. Then you should think about why they're different (or similar).
Look for Similarities and Differences.
1) Comparing means reading more than one text and looking to see how they're different and how they're similar.
2) Some questions ask you to compare texts that seem very different, for example, a poem and an extract from a story.
Don't write about each text Separately.
1) When you're comparing texts, don't write about one text at a time. Write about them both at the same time, making links between them.
2) For example, you could say how the language in both texts is …