- Created by: goldstar3
- Created on: 01-11-18 12:54
- Marine erosion
- Mass movement
- Waves undercut coastal slopes by hydraulic action and abrasion. This creates a basal notch.
- Basal notches are 1-2m in height and can be up to 3m deep.
- Rocks overhanging notch collapse, aided by gravity
- Steeper, new cliff face created.
- Rock fall is a common mass movement process where small pieces of rock become detached and fall from the cliff face
- Pieces of rock loosened by weathering e.g. freeze-thaw which attacks joints
- Wave energy and…