Jurisdiction of County Court:
1. contract and tort cases,
2. land law cases/recovery of land,
3. disputes over partnerships, trusts & inheritance up to £30,000,
4. personal injury cases up to £50,000.
Some courts can hear:
5. Certain family cases – esp. Divorce & related custody, property or maintenance disputes
6. Some Bankruptcy cases
7. Admiralty cases – usually up to £5000 or £15000 for salvage cases
8. matters under the Race Relations Act 1976.
9. all cases on the Small claims track heard by District Judge - cases under £5000 (under £1000 for personal injury & housing…