- Created by: pladoo
- Created on: 22-10-19 13:22
To recognise someone: important, value or worth
Christians are monotheists, meaning they one worship one god
Types of worship
- Liturgical - a set prayer
- non-liturgical - not following a set prayer
- private - praying done alone
- informal - Worshipping at any time, any place
Protestants believe in non-liturgic worship so they don't follow scripture
Catholics believe in liturgical worship, so they follow set scriptures
communicating with God silently or through words of praise, thanks, confession or request.
informal prayer - prayer that is made up
set prayer - prayer that has been written down
Lord's prayer - a prayer taught by Jesuses disciples.
Types of prayer
- Adoration - Praising - praising God for creating everything
- Supplication - Asking - asking for safety on a flight, or for food.
- Thank giving - Thanking - Thanking God for something he has given them.
- Confession - apologising - apologising for the sins you have done
- A set prayer in the bible
- Jesus said literally say the prayer
- Protestants use it as it comes from the bible as scripture
- Catholics believe it as it comes from the bible
- Can be used in private and group worship.
holy ritual practices by Christians, an outward sign of inward grace
Grace - God's gift of forgiveness
Infant baptism (As a baby)
Who: Church of England, Catholic and protestants
- part of the church from an early age
- cleared of original sin
- The infant may not believe it when he/she is older
Adult baptism (Age 5+)
Who: Church of England and protestants