- 3-4 years old usally have one friend that last 6 months
- 7 years old usually has 4 friends
- 12 year old usually has 7 friends
always of the same sex and same charecteristics
Selmann and Jaquette
aim: to invetsigate oppinions about friendshipd
method: 225 aged between 4-32 were interviewed about friendships
results: - 3-7: playing togther
- 4-9 giving help without reciprocity
- 6-12 focus of reciprocity
9-15 intimacy and sharing
-12 to adult ineterdependance but also autonomany of each person
conclusion - with age the nature of friendship changes.
evaluation - interviews with children may not have been accurate.
Bigelow and lagaipa stages of f riendship(based on an essay written about their best…