- Created by: monicaraviraj
- Created on: 28-10-18 21:39
Cell Cycle has three main stages:
1. interphase - rest/no division is taking place
2. nuclear division - when nucleas divides
3. cytokinesis - cytoplasm divides to give either 2 or 4 new cells.
Gap phase 1 - cell grows and new organelles and proteins are made.
Synthesis phase - cell replicates its DNA ready for mitosis
Gap phase 2 - cell continues to grow and proteins needed for cell division are made.
Cancer and control of Mitosis
Cancer is caused by a growth disorder of cells.
Genes control mitosis and the cell cycle - when there is damage to the genes (mutation) it can lead to the cells to replicate too much and cells grow out of control. Usually, a cell stops dividing when it has…