- Created by: Emily Corbi
- Created on: 27-03-13 15:13
Glands in the digestive system produce enzymes that break down large molecules into small ones ready for absorbtion.
Major parts of the digestive system:
- The oesophagus: adapted for transport and has a thick, muscular wall.
- The stomach: produces enzymes and mucus, stores and digest food (esp. proteins)
- The small intestine: further digests food with enzymes, large surface area for absorbtion.
- The large intestine: absorbs water. (food within the large intestine therefore form into faeces)
- The rectum: store faeces before being periodically removed by the…