- Created by: O.Langford
- Created on: 07-01-17 15:07
EPISODE ONE SUMMARY
- Creon outlines his beliefs on leadership, tells Chorus to never break his orders - they respond "only a fool could be in love with death."
- Sentry enters, presented as comedic (uses CIRCUMLOCUTORY LANGUAGE, essential for PLOT PROGRESSION + ESTABLISHING OF PLOT PROGRESSION + LIGHT RELIEF + ESTABLISHING CREON AS TYRANNICAL AS BUMBLING NATURE CREATES SYMPATHY)
- Tells Creon Polynices body has been buried.
- Chorus Leader suggests it could have been the work of the gods = Creon calls them "mad" and "senile" and suggests the Sentry has been bribed to do it himself and it can't be the work of the gods due to his belief that NOMOS (law of the state) is over DIKE (law of the gods) and the gods will agree with him.
CREON'S IDEAS OF LEADERSHIP
- Nautical imagery = similar to Oedipus, refers to the state as a "ship" after a storm has rocked it.
- Outlines that "experience" is the key to making a good leader.
- That someone who doesn't listen to his people is worthless and that neither friends nor family…