An evaluation of electoral reform
Should we continue with the FPTP system for Westminster elections?
- Simple to use: Requires one simple 'x' in a box which means few ballot papers are spoilt
- Quick: Election results are obtained after just a few hours and a new government is confirmed after 24 hours.
- Keeps out extremist parties: Prevents extremist parties gaining support and credibility which may undermine democratic values.
- Keeps a constituency link: Citizens can identify their representative and deal with issues directly with that person.
- Produces strong government: Governments with clear working majorities can…
Similar Government & Politics resources: