- Created by: Charlotte Johnston
- Created on: 08-01-13 12:18
- Action Theories= Micro Perspective.
- Look at individual interactions and responses of individuals.
- They are more voluntaristic- they see people having free will and choice in the way they behave.
Max Weber- Social Action Theory
He found that structural and action theories were essential in understanding human behaviour. He believes to explain something, the level of cause is needed (this is explaining the structures that shape people's behaviour) and the level of meaning (this is understanding the individual's own meaning they give to their actions).
Weber comes up with three types of actions. Each type depends on the meaning the individual gives to it.
Rational Action- this is an…