- Created by: ambereaton
- Created on: 24-06-21 11:42
What is Employee Representation?
Employee representatio arises when employees are part of a formal structure for involving them in the decision-making process of a business
Benefits of Employee Representation:
- increased empowerment and motivation of the workforce
- employees become more committed to the objectives and strategy of the business
- better decision-making because employee experience and insights taken into account
- lower risk of industrial disputes
Drawbacks of Employee Representation:
- time-consuming, slows down decision-making process
- conflicts between employer and employee interests may be a block to essential change
- managers may feel their authority is being undermined
What is a Trade Union?
A trade union is an organized association of workers in a trade, group of trades, or profession, formed to protect and further their rights and interests.
What is the main role of Trade Unions?
- protect and improve the real incomes of their members
- provide of improve job secuirty
- protect workers against unfair dismissal and other issues relating to employment legislation