- Created by: AmeliaaaB
- Created on: 24-04-19 06:33
Virus Life Cycles
- Virus attaches to specific host cell and injects genetic material.
- Protiens and enzymes in host cell replictae its genetic material
- Viral components assemble
- Cell lysis (splits open), releasing viruses.
- Infects more cells
- Injected genetic material is incorporated in host cells DNA
- Viral genetic material and host DNA gets replicated every time cell divdes
- Virus is dormant so no new virus is made
- A trigger (e.g. presence of a chemical) causes genetic material to leave the genome and enter lytic pathway
1 of 1