- Created by: ernily
- Created on: 22-04-15 19:05
Causes Of Variation
- Interspecific: The variation that exists between different species.
- Intraspecific: The variations that occur within a species, caused by genetic and environmental factors.
- Genetic Factors:
- All members of a species has the same genes.
- Individuals have different versions of those genes, called alleles.
- The alleles make up the organism's genotype.
- Different genotypes results in variation in the phenotype.
- Environmental Factors:
- For example, plant growth is affected by the amount of minerals in soil.
- Variation is a combination of genetic and environmental factors.
1 of 1