What is the process of recruiting a new employee?
Job Description - They need to decide what kind of work they want the employee to do.
Person Specification - What skills/qualities they are looking for.
Adevertise the job - How much they want to spend for the advert (local newspaper, internet etc)
Shortlisting - The owner chooses the best people to interview or give a trial to, can shortlist by qualifications and skills
Interview - A common way of selecting workers.
What influences how much an employee is paid?
- Age and law
- how much other similar firms are paying
What are monetary benefits and fringe benefits?
- Profit Sharing
- Paying money into their pension
- Company car
- Private health care scheme
- free mobile phone or laptop
- staff discount
- clothing allowance
Factors that might motivate employees
- Empowerment - giving workers responsibility
- Job rotation - prevents boredom, develops skills, can cover for each other
- Monetary Techniques - such as bonuses, they'll want the money but this can then cost a small business a lot of money.
How to improve the efficiency of a business?
- reduce mistakes/waste
- invest in the most advanced machinery
- increase workers' motivation
- bulk buying
- cheaper suppliers - however quality could decrease
what technology is used in production?
- CAD - computer aided design
- stock control programmes
- communication technology - internet
How can a business measure the quality of their bu
- number of mistakes (defects)
- customer feedback
- customer complaints/returns
What are the advantages of Quality assurance?
- Reduce waste
- Detect problems early
- Make employees feel more involved
- Saves time - higher quality products first time round
What are the examples of good customer service?
- Pre, during and after sales advice
- Friendly employes
- Reliable products
- Satisfied customers
- Quick, yet effiecient