- Created by: Chloe Dickinson
- Created on: 06-06-15 14:07
- Plays the tragic hero within the play.
- A local farmer who lives just outside the town of Salem.
- Elizabeth is Proctors wife.
- A stern, harsh tounged man who hates hypocristy,
- He has an affair with Abigail Williams - who once was his servant.
- When the hysteria begins he is hesitant to expose Abigail - this is to protect his family name and his secret will be revealed.
1 of 12
- Reverend Parris' niece and Betty's Cousin.
- Was once a servant for the Proctor household
- Elizabeth Proctor fired her when she found out about Abigail and Proctors affair.
- Abigail could be suggesed as the one who has caused majority of the hysteria in the town.
- She is manipulative but intellegent in the way she does this.
- She asked Tituba to do the voodoo in the woods.
2 of 12
Reverend John Hale
- A young minister reputed to be an 'expert' in the witchcraft area.
- He is bought into Salem to examine Betty - This is the cause of the witchcraft hysteria.
- Commited Christian and he hates Witchcraft and work of the Devil.
- He regains morals by trying to protect the people he has accused.
3 of 12
- John Proctors Wife.
- She fired Abigail for having an affair with John.
- Extremely virtuous and also very cold around John.
4 of 12
- The minister of Salem's Church.
- Very paranoid, power-hungry but a self-pitty figure.
- Many of the towns people dislike him - Proctor in particular.
- Concerned with building his position within society.
5 of 12
- Francis' wife.
- Has tremendous regard with the town's people
- Falls when she denies the claim of being a witch.
- A wealthy, influential man in Salem.
- Respected within the community - like his wife.
- Enemy of Putnams as they accused Rebecca for being a Witch.
6 of 12
- The deputy governor of Massachusetts and the presidenting Judge at the Trials.
- Danforth believes that he is doing good in the town.
- Parris believes what he says.
7 of 12
- An elderly farmer in Salem.
- Famous for his tendancy to file lawsuits.
- Giles Wife, Martha, is accused to witchcraft - accidentially by him.
- He is killed due to being 'a witch' - he is crushed to death by rocks.
8 of 12
- A Wealthy, influential citizen to Salem
- Francis Nurse and him are enemies due to him denying Thomas' brother in law from being elected office minister.
- He gains/buys the land off the people who have been accused of being witches.
- Married to Thomas Putnam.
- Gave birth to 8 children - only Ruth Putnam survived.
- Thinks her children are killed by supernatural causes - the Devil.
- The Putnams only child
- Like Betty - she is sent into a unconcious state after the dancing in the woods.
9 of 12
- Parris' black slave from Barbados.
- Agrees to do Voodoo for the girls in the woods.
- Main suspect to being a witch - due to being black.
10 of 12
- The servant in the Putnam's household.
- One of the girls who is telling the lies.
- Influenced heavily by Abigail.
- She later is recanted in her confession.
11 of 12
- Revernend Parris' 10 year old daughter.
- Betty faints and becomes unconcious - like Ruth
- One of the first to get 'tainted' by the Devil.
12 of 12