rivers and management
- Describe interception, infiltration, percolation, throughflow, overland flow and groundwater flow
- List the factors that affect river sischarge
- Describe hydraulic action, abrasion, attrition and solution
- Describe suspended load, dissolved load, saltation and traction
- Describe the relationship between discharge and velocity
- Describe the following landforms; waterfalls, rapids, potholes, braided channels, meanders, levees, floodplains deltas, knick points, river terraces and incised meanders
- Describe a major flood in an LEDC and an MEDC
- List flood management strategies
1 of 2
- What are the different types of glaciers?
- What is firn?
- What is the difference between warm and cold glaciers
- Describe internal deformation, rotational flow, compressing flow, extending flow and basal flow
- Describe abrasion, plucking and frost shattering
- Describe the formation of corries, aretes, pyramidal peaks, u-shaped valleys, hanging valleys, truncated spurs, roches mountonnees and carg and tails
- Describe the formation of drumlines, morraines, eskers, kames, kettle holes, outwash plains and proglacial lakes
- What are the three types of permafrost
- Describe the following processes and the landforms they create; nivation, solifluction, frsot heave, groundwater freezing, ground contraction and water and wind action.
- Describe the traditional economy of an indingenous population and recent changes and adaptions, inluding resource exploitation by newcomers
- Describe the future of Antarctica, including conservation, protection, deveopment and sustainability
2 of 2