3.1: Main features of a Catholic upbringing&how it
The main features of a Catholic upbringing:
Catholic parents are more like to:
- have their babies baptised
- promise to bring up their children to believe in God&be good Catholics
- teach their children to believe in God
- teach their children to pray to God
- take their children to mass where they learn to wroship God
- send their children to a catholic school
How it may lead to support in God:
- their parents would have told them about God&they will believe their parents
- Catholics pray to God, so they will believe that God exists because their parents would not waste their time praying to nothing.
- seeing so many people worshipping God when they go to Mass will make them believe that God exists.
- they will be taught that God exists when they go to school&will believe it because their teachers will tell them it's true.
- Catholic uprbinging helps to keep a family together as parents&children join together for Catholic activities.
- gives children an understanding of what is right&wrong&give them good morals
- gives children a sense of belonging and community giving them emotional stability.
people who think Catholic upbringing is a bad thin
- children are brought up in a religion they have not chosen themselves.
- takes away a child's human right to freedom of religion.
- works against community cohesion making children think followers of other religions are wrong.