- Created by: tomokeeb
- Created on: 15-04-14 08:59
Life Cycle of Stars
- a star forms from clouds of dust and gas
- Gravity makes the dust and cloud spiral together to form a protostar and temp rises.
- When protostar is hot enough, hydrogen nuclei undergo thermonuclear fusion and a main sequence star is formed.
- When hydrogen core begins to run out the star swells, cooled and forms a red supergiant
- It will eventually explode in a supernova throwing out layers of dust and gas into space
- A dense core is left - neutron star
- If the star is massive enought it will become a black hole.
1 of 1