2 strengths of the questionaire method??
1. Can collect large amounts of data quickly
2. Easy to score - lots of quantative data
2 weaknesses of questionnaires?
1. demand characteristics- please the experimenter!
2. difficult to replicate as mood, time of day and situation affect answers.
Outline one ethical issue that should be considere
Consent- when conducting a questionnaire, the participant should not be forced to take part!
What is meant by reliability?
The extent to which the questionnaire can be repeated and same results obtained!
How can you ensure that the questionnaire is relia
Higher control- such as same time of day/place/instructions/weather
What is meant by validity
The extent to which your measuring what you intend to measure!
How can you ensure that the questionnaire was vali
Filler questions to diguise the aim and prevent demand characteristics!
Outline 2 improvements that could be made to your
1. Using a Yes/No scale instead of 1-5 scale
2. A space for participants to explain their answers after each question
Suggest how each improvement would affect the reul
1. Yes/No gives a more definite answer- its more objective!
2.qualatative data could be collected as well as quantative- this gives meaning of the results!
Any other improvements?
1. random sample,a range of ages and more controls!
What sample was used to conduct the questionnaires
Opportunity Sample of participants available in the Portsmouth College canteen at the time! aged 16-18!
State a strength and a weakness of an opportunity
Strength- a lot of data can be collected!
weakness- Not representative!