1. What substances can convection happen in?
In liquids and gases.
2. What type of radiation do all hot objects emit?
3. What are the best absorbers of thermal radiation?
Black, dull surfaces
4. What are the worst emitters of thermal radiation?
Light, shiny surfaces
5. How does heat pass through a single pane of window glass?
Heat passes through a single pane of window glass by conduction and radiation.
6. Which statement about liquids is correct?
They cannot be compressed because their particles are close together.
7. Which equation is correct?
Energy = mass x specific heat capacity x change in temperature