- Created by: amy-vousden
- Created on: 17-04-15 16:10
Osmosis in Plants & Animals
OSMOSIS : RED BLOOD CELLS
- More sugar: the water will move from the red blood cell into the blood stream and cause the red blood cells to shrink/shrivel. --- too much sugar will cause less oxygen to go to other cells and they will start to die.
- Less sugar: There will be more water in the blood and a low concentration of water in the red blood cells and the water will move to the red blood cells, they will swell and could burst.
OSMOSIS : PLANTS
- When there is a low concentration of water, cells become limp and the plant wilts/droops.
- When the plant is watered, the water moves from the soil to the plant cells and the cells then start to swell. So water diffuses from cell to cell via osmosis, plant therefore no longer droops.
1 of 1