movement across p.m
- diffusion through a trans-membrane protien molecule.
- allows charged substabces to diffuse across the membranes.
- cells can change their permeability to certain ions.
- ions go through.
- have a binding site for a specific solute to costantly flip between two states.
- site is alternatly open to opposite sides.
- substabce binds on the side at a high conc then will be released where it is at low conc.
- can co transport if it has twi binding sites (sodium/glucose co transport).
1 of 1
Similar Biology resources: