The system life cycle
- 1.ANALYSIS - identify the problems and suggest solutions , plus check feasibility
- 2. DESIGN- The new system in detail
- 3. implement the new system
- 4. TEST the new system
- 5. Produce documentation to train users
- 6. EVALUATE AND MONITOR the new systems
- 7. MAINTAIN this process
- 8. the new system will evenutally become run down and less productie therfore these stages will have to repeat itself over and over again
1 of 3
- ther are two main probnlems with existing systems. Firstly, there might be a problem with the manual system where introducing a comuterized systme would make things better. Secondly, there might be problems because the existing computer system maybe unable to cope with the inofromation processing demanded of it.
- The systems analyst will idenitfy these problems by:
- interview users of the system to find out there experiences
- analyse the results of the questionnaire
- observe people using the system
- study the documents such as user guides, printouts and error reports.
- From the research the analyst should understand how the present system works and what the problems are.
2 of 3
3 of 3