- Created by: alina311
- Created on: 20-04-16 12:12
What is an ICT System?
- An ICT systems consists of hardware, software, data and the users.
- It also contains communication technology, e.g. the internet.
- Computers are hardware that are sometimes part of the system.
- ICT systems are used in a number of different environments, e.g. offices, shops, factories, aircraft and ships.
- They are also used in different fields, e.g. communications, medicine and farming.
The Importance of ICT Systems:
- You can be more productive as you can do more tasks at a time and at a cheaper price.
- ICT systems can deal with large amounts of information and process them quickly.
- They can also transmit and receive information quickly.
- This type of ICT system manages data and information.
- E.g. a sports club membership system or a supermarket system.
- These mainly control machines.
- They use input, process and output.
- The output may be a robot arm moving (for example), rather than infromation.
- Their output is transporting data from one place to another
Input, Output and System Diagrams:
- ICT systems take inputs (instructions and data), process them and produce outputs that are stored or communicated.
- Higher quality and better thought-out inputs produce more useful outputs.
Garbage In, Garbage Out (GIGO):
- ICT systems cannot function properly if the inputs are inaccurate or faulty.
- They will either not be able to process the data at all or will output data, which is full of errors or useless.
An ICT System Diagram:
- A system is an assembly of parts that make a whole when together.
- Feedback is when the output of a system feeds back to influence the input…