- Created by: Raagnaros
- Created on: 14-04-15 10:51
Knowledge on Teens - 1950's condensed
- Before the 1950's there was no concept of the 'teenager', young people were expected to behave similarly to adults.
- Some young people became 'Teddy Boys', which meant that they dressed in jackets similar to those worn in Edwardian England.
- Teenagers could keep their money and spend it on themselves as fathers were usually earning enough to support the family.
- Teenagers started being seen as a 'consumer group'.