- Created by: gmc_revisingforrs
- Created on: 13-11-19 18:05
Types of Music and their Times
- Genre: Rock'n'Roll - 1950s
- Elvis Presley - Hound Dog
- Genre: Hard Rock - 1960s
- The Rolling Stones - Around & Around
- Genre: Disco - 1970s
- The Bee Gees - Saturday Night Fever
- Genre: Grunge - 1980s
- Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
- Genre: Hip-Hop - 1990s
- Jay-Z - Hard Knock Life
1 of 2
Teenagers and Sources that Influence Them
- Rebel Without a Cause (1995 film) - inspiration to rebellious teenagers; influenced people ages 13-19 to act like superstars; James Dean died aged 24, so he is always remembered as a young, hot, rebellious character
- Elvis Presley (early 1950s) - Songs about rebelling; teenagers heavily influenced by public figures; always associated with the new "Rock'n'Roll" style
- You Can Survive An Atomic Attack (1950s manual) - made teenagers believe that hey could die at any moment, so they should live life "in the moment" and "to the fullest"
- Teenagers began to relate to the Rock'n'Roll role style and the lyrics surrounding the genre. Being rebellious gave them a sense of identity.
- The Catcher in the Rye (1951 novel) - made teenagers believe their rebellion would go unnoticed or be overlooked; teenagers took the characters to the heart due to age reference and idolised his character.
2 of 2