- He is charming and fliartious 'I think you are a little more beautiful." - Perhaps there would be a worry of Joel being unfaithful.
- Impulsive. "He only has enough energy to seek out his own pleasure."
- Sociable - He enjoys parties. Because of this, he could be interrputed as Manon's link to the outside world.
- He knows how to converse with women easily, done by 'small talk' and gossip. Can change his choice of language depending on who is speaking too.
- Reliable and punculical - Calls on people when he says he will.
- Hedonistic - Pleasure seeker. Enjoys the 'finer things in life' i.e hunting, parties.
- Indolent - Joel does not enjoy work, he is additicted to his pleasurable lifestyle and finds work to be a chore. Lazy.
- He likes to be liked.
Things to consider
Manon's attitude and behaviour towards Joel. What was their past relationship likes? Former sweethearts? Friends? Etc.
His behaviour towards Manon. Does he genuinely care for her? Think of how he reacted when he saw Walter for the first time, how he came to visit her after the death of her Mother and Husband.
Joel's attitude and values?
- A value is a measure of the worth or importance a person attaches to something; our values are often reflected in the way we live our lives.
- An attitude is the way the person expresses or applies their beliefs and values, expressed through words and behaviour. i.e I hate School. Can change depending on who the person is speaking too (?)