Assassination Of Franz Ferdinand
- Sunday 28th June 1914
- Sarajevo were preparing a visit from the Archduke of Austria Franz Ferdinand
- Black Hand ( terrorist group) wanted to kill the archduke
- At 10:15 the cars went pass Mahmedbasic, he did nothing
- Cabriolvic lost his nerve and did nothing
- Cabrinovic threw his bomb and swallowed the poision
- The archduke saw the bomb coming and threw it off his car an the bomb injured people in the car behind.
- The archduke wanted to visit the injured bomb victims so they took a new route;.
- The car went down freank josef street and princip was waiting and he shot the archduke and his wife at 10:45
- Princip was arrested and taken to Prision
The Alliance System
- In 1914 the six most powerful countries were divided in to two opposing alliances
- Triple Alliance - Germany, Austria Hungry and Italy - 1882
- Triple Entente -France, Russia - 1879
- Britain were in Splendid Isolation for most of the 19th Century