- Oxymoron-"Beloved sweetheart *******"-confusion-love/hate relationship.
- Metaphor,use of colour-"I've dark green pebbles for eyes"-envy, jealous of others realtionships.
- One word sentance-"spinster."-isolation, society's view of her, acceptance of who she is.
- emjambment-"who did this/to me?"-she wants to blame someone else but knows its partly her fault too.
- Metaphor-"a red balloon bursting in my face"- the ballonn could represent her heart bursting in to two, or the balloon bursting could represent the wedding day falling apart.
- Sound-"Bang"- her stabbing the cake or it could show her frustration and heart breaking.
1 of 2
Themes and comparispns
Poems to compare to:
- 'Before you were mine'
- 'On my First Sonne'
- 'My Last Duchess'
2 of 2