- Created by: Amira
- Created on: 19-05-12 12:49
What is globalisation?
Globalisation is the process by which the world is becoming increasingly interconnected as a result of massively increased trade and cultural exchange. Globalisation has increased the production of goods and services. The biggest companies are no longer national firms but multinational corporations with subsidiaries in many countries.
Globalisation has resulted in:
- increased international trade
- a company operating in more than one country
- greater dependence on the global economy
- freer movement of capital, goods, and services
- recognition of companies such as McDonalds and Starbucks in LEDCs