- Created by: ben
- Created on: 17-03-11 14:41
They are maps formed from interviews from residents in these specific areas.
- Alternative and more consistent data
- Easy to compare
- Artifically Fixed Data
- Takes alot of Time
Pictures taking from orbiting Satellites.
- More Detailed than any humna impression
- Difficult to Interpret
- Expensive to conduct
Surveys conducting to find out a variety of information.
- Help when planning - Government building
- Compare due to them consistently happening every 10 years
- Out of date as soon as they are taken due to them taking years to publish
- People might not want to participate
These maps show how the land is being used for different services.
- Easy to see Human Geography
Can be used to use the land more efficiently
- Cover only about 10% of the country
- Subjective- No Physical Geography
Largescale Plan for retail centres
- Shows services
- Can be comapred to any other retail centre - not dependent on size
- No Physical geography
- Time consuming
Ordance survey based map which shows changes over time
- Shows changes over time
- Combines human and physical geography
- Not always up to date - Geography of a place changes
- Time consuming and Expensive
A Survey which is conducting through open and closed questions
- Raises issues not considered
- Not biased as collected yourself
- People may not be willing to participate
- Time consuming
This is conducted for Health and Safety reasons to understand the dangers of doing an activity.
- Helps keep people safe
- People can understand what they can/can't do
- Time is wasted
- May constrict activities which might be used to collect data.