forces - speed
- speed is a measurement of how quickly an object moves.
- the faster an object moves the greater its speed.
- speed(m/s) =distance(m)/time(s)
1 of 2
forces- floating & sinking
- If an object isn't moving then the forces must be equal.
- if something is floating then the upthrust and the gravity must be equal.
- If gravity is stronger than upthrust then the object will sink.
- If a liquid is more dense then an object will float easily. E.G. water is less dense than oil so the upthrust is less in water.
- density = mass/volume
- If an object is more dense than the liquid it is put in it will sink.
- adding salt will make a liquid more dense
2 of 2