- Created by: redrose909
- Created on: 11-06-16 14:21
THE DRAINAGE BASIN
- A drainage basin is an area of land drained by a river and its tributaries.
- Rivers have their source in the mountains.
- Precipitation that falls within the boundary of the watershed drains into a river system.
- Smaller tribuatry streams join the main river as it jorneys towards the sea. The two will eventually meet at the mouth of the river.
- During this journey, thhe river creates landforms and develops the landscapes.
1 of 1