- Created by: Lewis Broderick
- Created on: 22-12-17 15:14
Expressing beliefs About the nature of God
The Bible expresses fundamental ideas and beliefs about the nature of God. Most Christians regard the Bible as an important or even unique source of authority. In different traditions there are many ways in which it is read, understood and put To practice.
Creed express and make clear the most important beliefs of the Christian Faith, Including the nature of god. The conregation often recites tem during acts o worship, usually standing.
there are three main chirtian creeds: the Nicene Creed; Apostles Creed; Athansian Creed.
This is based on th teachings of the Apostles. It was written in the 4th century CE and is used by churcheds in the West.
- the oneness of God and the Trinity
- the incarnation of Jesus Christ as the Son of God
- the meaning of the crucifixion, resurrection and ascension of Jesus
- the person and work of the Holy Spirit
- the Church as the Body of Christ
- the Communion of Saints
- sin and the means of salvation
- judgement and the world to come
Worship + Action of justice.
Christians Worship God noth in private and in public.
Action of worship
Many Christians believe that they should follow the example of Jesus to work for justice for all. They therefore donate to and may volunteer for charities, eg Christian Aid, CAFOD and Tearfund.
Many Christians consider issues of justice, locally, nationally and internationally, eg when considering who to vote for in an election.