Christian Teachings on Stewardship
STEWARDSHIP: Looking after something so it can be passed on to the next generation.
In the story of Genesis, God gave humans the right to rule over the Earth. It gives humans control over animals and plants, but with this control comes responsibility.
- In the Old Testament it teaches that Christians should not plant or harvest crops on a piece of land every 50 years, so that the land can recharge it's batteries.
- In the New Testament Jesus teaches that we should leave the Earth in a better place than we found it.
- The Bible teaches that on Judgement Day Christians will be accoutable to God on how well they have looked after the Earth.
- Jesus believed in sharing therefore Christians should share all of the Earth's resources
- By being a steward of the Earth Christians belive they are living the life of a good Christian.
On the day of judgement Christians believe they will be judged by God on how well they have cared for the Earth.