- Created by: DandierPoet85
- Created on: 16-03-15 17:38
Alcohols (C-O and O-H)
- Strong absorption at 3100 - 3500cm-1 for an O-H bond in an alcohol
- Sharp peak at 1050cm-1 from the C-O bond.
1 of 4
Carboxylic Acids (C=O, C-O and O-H)
- Very broad absorption at 2500-3000cm-1 for the O-H bond.
- Sharp peak at 1710cm-1 for the C=O bond.
- Sharp peak at 1300cm-1 for the C-O bond.
2 of 4
- Sharp absoption at 1715cm-1
- ^This absorpion is also found in carboxylic acids and esters
3 of 4
Esters (C=O and C-O)
- Sharp absorption at 1250cm-1 for the C-O bond.
- Sharp absoption at 1750cm-1 for the C=O bond.
- Absence of a broad absoprtion between 2500 and c500cm-1 - this means that no O-H bonds are present.
4 of 4