Tissues and Organs
- Cells differentiate during the develpoment of multcellular organisms.
- Cells have different functions
- Tissues are groups of cells with similar structure & function.
- Muscle tissue, contract for movement (A)
- Glandular tissue, produces substances such as ezymes & hormones (A)
- Epithelial tissue, covers some parts of the body (A)
- Epidermal tissue, covers the plant (P)
- Mesophyll, can photosynthesise (P)
- Xylem & Phloem, transport substances around the plant (P)
- Organs are made of tissues
- Muscular tissue, churns stomach content
- Glandular tissue, produces digestive juices in the stomach
- Epithelial tissue, covers outisde and inside of stomach
- Leaf,stem & root are organs that contain previous plant tissues.
- Groups of organs form organ systems to perform particular functions
- Digestive system has a few organs e.g. small intestine.
1 of 2
- Food must be changed from insoluble molecules into soluble molecules.
- Only soluble molecules can be absorbed into the blood
- Digestive system does this
- Digestive system is a muscualr tube. It includes:
- Glands, e.g. the pancreas
- Salivary glands produce digestive juices.
- Digestion occurs in stomach and small intestine.
- Liver produces bile.
- Absorption of food occurs in small intestine
- Water is absorbed from undigested food, producing faeces, in the large intestine.
2 of 2