- Created by: Alex Hegarty
- Created on: 19-05-12 11:51
Animal cells usually have five basic parts. These parts are...
- Plasma membrane - This is used to keep the cell together and also has control over what can diffuse in and out.
- Cytoplasm - This is where most chemical reactions take place.
- Nucleus - This contains genetic material and it controls the cell, but it is not the cells brain.
- Mitochondria - This is where respiration takes place.
- Ribosomes - Where proteins are produced.
1 of 3
Plant cells also contain what animal cells contain but they also have...
- A rigid cell wall - to stop the plant cell swelling up and bursting
- Chloroplasts - Which absorbs light energy in order to produce glucose.
- A permanent vacoule filled with cell sap.
2 of 3
3 of 3