- Created by: Laura Thurlbeck
- Created on: 14-05-09 11:10
Responding To Change - Hormones
Your nervous system;
- enables you to react to your surroundings
- and co-ordinate your behaviour.
Your nervous system carries electrical impulses to your brain so that you can react to your surroundings very quickly.
What are hormones?
Hormones are chemical substances that control many of the processes going on inside of your body. They are secreted by glands and carried around your body in your blood.
The Nervous System
- Any changes are picked up by cells called Receptors.
- These receptors are usually found clustered together in sense organs. E.g Eyes, Nose and your skin.