- Created by: Amira
- Created on: 23-05-12 14:10
Process of Decay
- Materials that can decay can be recycled.
- Key factors in the process of decay:
- presence of micro-organisms
- The effects of chnging temperature and the amounts of oxygen and water on the rate of decay:
- effect on microbial respiration
- effet on growth and reproduction of micro-organisms
- Detritivores feed on dead and decaying material (detrius): earthworms, maggots, woodlice.
- Detritivores increase the rate of decay: poduce larger surface area
- Saprophyte- rganisms which obtain nutrients from dead organic matter.
- Explain that decay involves saprophytic nutrition by bacteria and fungi.
- State that micro-oraginsms are used to:
- break down human waste
- break down plant waste
1 of 1