1. The steeper the line on a distance time graph, the greater the speed it represents.
2. SPEED (METRE/SECOND, M/S)=
DISTANCE TRAVELLED (METRE, M)
TIME TAKEN (SECOND, S)
Velocity and Acceleration
1. Velocity is speed in a given direction
2. Acceleration is change of velocity per second
3. A body travelling at a steady speed is accelerationg if its changing direction
4. ACCELERATION = CHANGE IN VELOCITY
TIME TAKEN FOR THE CHANGE
Velocity- time graphs
1. The slope of the line on a velocity time graph represents acceleration.
2. The area under the line on a velocity time graph represents distance travelled