Slides in this set
· There is NO prosecution or punishment in civil
· A person brings an action against another and
asks the court for a remedy (e.g. damages).
· The process of starting a civil law action is
known as `suing'.
· The person starting the action is known as the
· The person being sued is known as the
· The aim of criminal law is to prosecute and
punish the wrong-doer.
· The police conduct most criminal
· The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) brings
· The Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP)
heads the CPS.
· The person who is being prosecuted is known
as the `defendant'.…read more