Slides in this set
· Letterpress prints from a raised surface with
individual pieces of type arrangement.
· The raised surface receives ink and is then
pressed onto the paper.
· This process is expensive for it need individual
metal letters made and a high quality paper is
also needed to print out the letters onto.…read more
· The image is drawn onto lino, then the lino is
cut away from the image so that the image
looks good. Then ink is applied to the roller
and the ink is rolled onto your image.
· Finally the paper is placed on top of the inked
image and the clean roller presses the image
to the paper.…read more
· This process uses flexible rubber plastic plates
for cylinders. The cylinders rotate to print
onto paper , card, plastic or metal.
· It is used for packaging.
· It is used for long runs at low cost.…read more
· A screen is made from a wooden frame.
· The shape is cut out of paper.
· The screen is hinged to allow it to be raised and
lowered without it changing position.
· The screen is then lowered and secured in position.
· Ink is then squeezed through the nylon fabric mesh by
a rubber blade squeegee.
· The ink passes through the un blocked area of the
stencil to produce your final produce your final printed
image, when the screen is removed.…read more
· Images are etched on a plate through a screen
the image is broken into dots.
· Ink fills the dot cells and excess ink is removed
using a doctor blade.
· Rubber covered cylinders press the paper into
the cell holes, creating a printed image. The
deeper the holes, the darker the image.…read more