Slides in this set
· "The number of different species and the number of individuals of each
species within any one community."
· D= species diversity
· N= Total number of organisms
· n= Total number of organisms
Of each species.
· The higher the value of d the greater the diversity.
Species diversity is useful when comparing two different habitats because
the number of species may be the same but the species diversity gives a
bigger picture.…read more
· In these environments species diversity is low
· Only a few species can adapt to the harsh
· Unstable ecosystem
· Dominated by climatic factors
· Examples- Desert and Arctic Tundra…read more