Slides in this set
1. STIMULUS AND RESPONSE
·Anything that causes us to take an action
is called a stimulus. A response is the
action we take due to a stimulus.
·I.E: Seeing a vicious dog would tend to
make us run away. DOG: Stimulus/RUN:
3. THE CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM
· :)The Central Nervous System is made up of the brain
and spinal cord.
· :)Receptors in the sense organs are stimulated and send
messages to the central nervous system.
· :)Messages pass into the central nervous system along
sensory neurones (a neurone is a nerve cell.)
· :)The central nervous system decides on the correct
· :)Messages pass out of the central nervous system to
muscles along motor neurones.
· :)The muscles cause the response.…read more
THE STRUCTURE OF THE EYE
· Cornea: A transparent section of the sclerotic coat, it
allows light into the eye.
· Iris: The coloured part of the eye, it controls the amount
of light entering the eye.
· Pupil: A black circle, it allows light into the eye.
· Ciliary Muscle: Changes the shape of the lens when we
look at near or faraway objects.
· Retina: Contains receptor to detect light.
· Optic Nerve: A sensory nerve, it carries messages from
the eye to the brain.…read more